Posted on : 20 Nov, 2018
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed youth who conform to the requirements for a twelve-month internship programme at Division:Legal & Policy Services. The internship programme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Must have no criminal record(s)
- Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
- Applicants must be residents of the province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for 3 positions only (to complete an application for each
Intern categories: Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Need practical experience in order to finalise qualification Intern: Senior Certificate (Grade 12) no tertiary qualification is required.
NB: Stipend for each category will be as determined by the Head: ETD Skills Development: South African Police Service
|SUPPORT SERVICES: INTERN [x1] Human Resource ManagementLocation Pretoria, Head o ffice
Ref Number LPS1Additional Requirements:
|SUPPORT SERVICES: INTERN [x1] Supply Chain ManagementLocation Pretoria, Head Office
Ref Number LPS 2Additional Requirements:
|SUPPORT SERVICES: INTERN [x1] Financial AdministrationLocation Pretoria, Head office
Ref Number LPS 3Additional Requirements:
|MANAGEMENT INFORMATION & STRATEGIC PLANNING: INTERN [x1] Strategic ManagementLocation Pretoria, Head office
Ref Number LPS4Additional Requirements:
|GOVERNANCE POLICY AND LEGISLATION MANAGEMENT: INTERN [x1] Research
Location Pretoria, Head o ffice
Ref Number LPS 5
|RESOURCE: LEGAL SUPPORT [x1] Contracts DraftingLocation Pretoria, Head o ffice
Ref Number LPS 5Additional Requirements:
|LITIGATION AND ADMINISTRATION: INTERN [x4] Legal Support and ArbitrationLocation Pretoria, Head Office
Ref Number LPS 6Additional Requirements:
- Only the official application formfor the internship programme (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and
- proof of residence.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered
- only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, and not a statement of results.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening and reference checking.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2018-11-30 at 12h00.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him / her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
- Internship program in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
Closing Date: 30 November 2018
How to Apply
Application Can Be Posted To:
The Divisional Commissioner: Legal and Policy Services Support Services Private Bag X94 Pretoria 0001
Applications Hand Delivered To:
SAPS Head Office 255 Presidia Building Paul Kruger & Pretorius Street Pretoria 5
Enquiries Can Be Directed To:
Col Roos Tel no (012) 393 7002
CPO Mashiane Tel no (012) 393 7172