Trade & Customer Development Consultant wanted: APPLY HERE
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Build strong relationships to gain trusted advisor status by partnering and training sales force to leverage and radically increase customers & our business
Trade & Customer Development Consultant is accountable for Sales both IN and OUT of
chosen Trade Partners.
Through utilizing Account Management techniques, deliver r equired results through 3rd parties – Foodservice Distributors
Create Customer plans and Analysis of the results to prompt swift action to address gaps by implementing specific sales solutions & initiatives.(PTP activities)
Understanding of the Customers and the Market to assist in increasing the UFS market share
Accurate forecasting, risk management and full profit & loss accountability by ensuring constant stock availability & a positive return on investment with all sales solutions.
Employing Marketing and Promotional activities (i.e. broadsheets, telesales incentives, customer days, increased penetration activities, sales out drives, etc) and on competitor activities, in order to achieve the company sales targets and drive awareness while growing a profitable market share.
Work with DSRs in trade to up-sell and train on key UFS SKUS and ultimately reach more operators
Work with CRO & Merchandiser in trade to up sell and train on key UFS SKUS
50% devoted to Sales Out (Sales Manager / Sales Trainee) – managing of promotional and launch stock and rate of sale to balance and manage sales out.
20% with the Buyer (Sales In) to replenish stock and ensure minimum availability of key and Innovation lines as well as power SKUS. Activities focused on discussion of business growth, their business needs and priorities and how we can service those needs to provide growth for heir margin, turnover and market penetration
20% to Analysis (Research, Analysis & Planning) – involving forecast accuracy and tracking of sales in and out to maximize potential and proactively identify gaps from various operators to maintain market share. Collating info and implementing action plan to avert issues which arise.
10% of time spent with CROS, DSRS, Merchandisers and TS – in trade and implementing training/upselling to operators
More time spent with SP vs P and C customers as per DTM
Passion for Results: Demonstrates a high level of motivation to achieve challenging objectives, and displays the energy and actions to achieve these goals.
Interpersonal Sensitivity: Able to correctly “read” people, understand individual differences and respond appropriately by delivering results through others. This includes cultural sensitivity.
S elf-Confidence: The ability to present a confident image, assert one’s ideas and take action in the face of duty.
Knowing the Business: The ability to demonstrate some awareness of the food industry, its markets and the people who work within it.
Team work : working with the TDC and full sales team and communicating market related information eg competitor activity/pricing . Working with the team to meet monthly/QTRLY and Yearly targets.
TDC Daily Activities:
1. Research: SPIN (Situation, Payoff, Implication & Need) questions to depot
Analysis : SWOT Analysis, Secondary Sales Data Analysis, Lost SKU Analysis
Planning : Customer Account Plan, Joint Business Plan, Pull Activities
RAPing (Getting to know the customer)
2. Ensure constant stock availability. All KVI’s 44 days cover, other 22 days. Manage reverse logistics
3. Brief and Implement Customer Account Plan with Buyers, Sales Managers, GM & Telesales Manager. Outline Branch Targets, DSR/Depot Targets & focused strategy, Sales Mix, Chanel Marketing
4. Implement Sales Activities:
Leverage DSR, CRO/Merchandisers to deliver set Targets & Rewards and attaining targets, Implement PULL Activities on selected SKU’s (RAH RAH. Go Fishing, Promotions Broadsheets, Gondolas, Displays, Nurture. Pop a balloon Day, Weekly Focus, One on one discussions & Sales Blitz)
Ensure that all deals. price increase, Broadsheet, & National Pricing is agreed & Implemented. Negotiate the best sell out price on promotions. Monitor ROI with all deals & promos.
5. Measure & Evaluate Performance from weekly daily trackers
Create & Implement the Customer Account Plan to:
Determine the most effective way to reach targets, identify & address gaps and fix incorrect ranging in the customer’s offering.
Ensure the Plan makes the most of the sales mix, promotional opportunities and marketing activities.
Manage & control budgets, return on investment, revenue & margins in line with Customer Plan’s.
Ensure Category Management is done along with a Joint Business Plan. Follow through with Planogram in Cash & Carry
The account plan provides the platform from which all activities & focus is then derived. (Research, Analysis & Planning)
Conduct Sales Analysis & Customer Reviews to:
1. A ssess, adjust and act on any gaps & issues emerging using required analytical and numerical ability to determine best course of action to address shortfalls. Example of issues might be Distributor Reps, CRO or Merchandiser/Field Sales lack of product knowledge, Telesales substituting competitor products, Lost SKU Analysis, End customer rate of sale, New business etc.
2. Monitor sales in and out. Analyze available data and work with chosen Distributors Reps, Telesales & CDCs to find the correct balance of stock-on-hand vs. sales being generated and address any gaps vs targets as they emerge
3. Monitor activities to ensure it is tracking according to Customer plan. Track success of implemented solutions to ensure they deliver as expected. Continual tracking and reworking plan is required.
4. React and build action plans on poor performing products & innovation lines.
5. Stock forecasting and rotation – analyze the existing rate of sale and adjust stock holding accordingly.
Implement Marketing and Sales Activities:
1. Identify whether marketing solution should be customer, product or strategy based.
2. Work closely with marketing team to proactively identify & design most appropriate marketing/ pull activities (incentives, deals, broadsheet, RAH RAH days, customer days, pop & balloon day, “go fishing”, project nurture, national price setting) to address target shortfall. ( Focus = Sale OUT & how can you achieve this). Increase customer rate of purchase
3. Full accountability for the successful implementation of solutions at site
Management of PRICING:
1. Ensure correct Pricing, Deals & Price Increases are implemented/listed at a buyer level when the order is signed off.
2. Ensuring deals are correctly captured in the SAP system. Accurately done, this will reduce risk and minimize issues which would compromise the relationship and affect sales.
3. Negotiate Best Sales Out Price on all promotions or activities.
4. Customer pricing claims to be submitted and approved by line manager if valid & exceeds TDC limit
Passion for Growth – experimental
Bias for Action and accountability
Customer Plan Creation & Implementation
Make the Deal (Negotiation Skills)
Relationship Ability (at all Levels, including Executive)
Strategic Comprehension Skills
Team Leadership Skills
Ability to implement plan
Areas covered: Nelspruit & Polokwane (every second week stay over, to visit customer) to move around Mpumalanga & Limpopo
Must be able to speak Afrikaans.
The post Trade & Customer Development Consultant wanted: APPLY HERE appeared first on Jobs365.