ICS Youth Engagement Officer wanted: Apply Now
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
VSO leads the ‘International Citizen Service’ (ICS) programme, a DFID-funded youth volunteering scheme delivered by respected development agencies. This role will sit within the ICS Contract Management Unit (CMU) at VSO. Committed to quality programming and sector leadership, VSO invests in ongoing innovation and programme enhancement. This post will implement the ICS Innovation Strategy and enable lifelong youth engagement globally.
You will support the delivery of the ICS Innovation Strategy enabling youth volunteers to be lifelong active citizens and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. Drawing on your youth engagement expertise and innovative thinking, you will establish and strengthen youth engagement platforms. You will proactively collaborate, influence and support colleagues to design, deliver and share learning from quality engagement initiatives that enhance the personal and professional development of young people globally.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will be passionate about empowering young people to be agents of change. As a dynamic self-starter you will be able to prioritise your workload and collaborate effectively with a range of functional teams. You will drive your initiatives forward while keeping key stakeholders informed and consulted.
* Significant experience (3-5 years) of global youth engagement approaches, particularly effective network / movement building
* Strong understanding of international development / youth volunteering for development (graduate degree or equivalent work experience)
* Extensive understanding of, and practical experience in, designing and delivering activities that enable meaningful youth engagement, including youth-led or co-designed projects, at national and/or global levels
* Excellent project management skills, including process design, feedback loops and budget management
* Proven experience of cross-cultural working in a matrix-management environment
* Ability to work proactively, effectively and flexibly across multiple locations simultaneously
* Effective and inclusive communication / interpersonal skills with people at all levels, including ability to use tact, diplomacy and persuasiveness
* Experience of analysing and synthesizing complex information, including data and statistics, and supporting youth to use it
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the VSO locations.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
As a part of the application we will ask you to answer an application question: “This role will be responsible for establishing sustainable, inclusive, national-level youth-led networks. What is one key challenge of mobilising a youth network and what action would you take to mitigate or overcome that challenge?”
Apply before Friday, June 7, 2019 – 27 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
The post ICS Youth Engagement Officer wanted: Apply Now appeared first on Jobs365.co.za.