|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
Accounting Finance Jobs
The Copy writer will be responsible to create, review and deliver content for Absa and Barclays’ digital platforms.
Accountability: Main Functions
- Create, review and deliver content for Absa’s digital platforms, including Absa.co.za, Absa.mobi, mobile apps, tablet content, emails, external marketing content, third-party sites and affiliate sites, working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the content meets all necessary commercial and editorial standards.
- Work with design and production teams to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Responsible for ensuring all content on digital banking properties is consistent with our tone of voice, house style and DDA guidelines.
- Ensure workflow is correctly followed and our audit procedures are adhered to for all digital change.
- Understand and adhere to all appropriate Absa’s policies and requirements to this role.
- Analyse brief and create copy to meet business and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all our copy is customer-focused, customer-friendly and consistent, with compelling and relevant content and is and within the guidelines set by the structured content strategy.
- Manage sign-off process from first draft to final product, liaising with copy editors, UX designers, product owners and regulatory stakeholders (i.e. legal, compliance, voice of customer)
- Ensure that all copy published is of the highest editorial standards, written grammatically, with maximum impact and free from all typographical and other errors.
- Translate technical specs into functional copy, error messages and SMS’ that are entirely user-centred while also supporting the needs of the business (i.e. proposition requirements and legal/compliance/fraud/privacy obligations).
- Be an exponent of house style, and ensure it is followed in all content across all digital channels.
- Maintain a high focus on the customer experience on all Absa’s digital properties
- Constantly review our digital platforms and suggest new and improved ways to deliver content to our customers.
Create copy in both English and Afrikaans.
Accountability: Applying Brand and Design Guidelines
- Interpret and ensure appropriate and accurate application of brand guidelines in the copywriting process.
- Be an advocate of the Barclays & Absa brands and facilitate brand growth through the creation of world class content. Accountability: Work effectively as a team member
- Have a clear understanding of Barclays and Absa, and the Digital Banking business objectives, translating these into deliverables that drive commercial benefit and customer service improvements.
- Be a powerful representative of Barclays and Absa digital excellence to the outside world.
- Be a role model for the team, embracing the core of Barclays, communicating with passion and enthusiasm, embracing change and innovation as a way of working.
- Pursue your own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas of development.
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of creation, testing and documentation of web pages, applications or any other required channels.
- Sharing technical knowledge and expertise and resolving issues as necessary.
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
NQF Level 6
- Degree or Diploma in Writing discipline such as Advertorial, Journalism, Literature or equivalent qualification.
- 2 years competent experience as a digital copywriter in a digital environment.
- Experience of copywriting for-high visibility brands, retail companies, financial services.
- Experience working on a structured content strategy
- Experience of working within a team developing and managing online or offline content.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to ensure all copy follows brand and style guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of web design principles including coding.
- Practical self-starter able to manage a number of activities against deadlines.
- A logical, analytical approach to problem solving and close attention to detail.
- Fluency in more than one South African language.
- Can contribute to the development and implementation of standards and procedures.
Deciding and initiating action
Learning and researching
Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
Relating and networking
Adapting and responding to change
Persuading and influencing
Creating and innovating