|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
Sales & Marketing Jobs
Designers work with in established or ad-hoc product or service teams to solve customer experience problems holistically through the skills of their discipline and their understanding of customer behaviour. Designers maintain and challenge the established standards in their discipline.
Designers have expertise in one or more of the core design disciplines (user experience design, user interface design, service design, customer research, prototype engineering and content strategy) and execute design on one project at a time.
They participate in project definition, not simply executing on a project, but also working with design leaders to shape the approach and structure of a project.
A successful Designer is a specialist in one or more of the core disciplines. They are self-starters with a passion for high quality design and the expertise in implementing high-quality, considered design.
They have a strong track record of delivering complex, creative and innovative design projects that elevate the customer experience.
- Follow an approach defined by the design team, collaborating with other designers and stakeholders to deliver design projects.
- Contribute to defining the approach for a specific design project with design leaders.
- Conduct research (primary and secondary) to understand user’s pains, gains and needs
- Execute design work based on steer from design leaders.
- Adapt designs based on feedback from customers and design leaders.
- Present design work to business stakeholders with the support of design project leads.
- Work with product / service teams to implement customer centric solutions for Absa.
- Advocate for design thinking methodologies and practices.
Create production ready design deliverables.
- Create creative and innovative design solutions that deliver world-class customer experience.
- Apply design thinking and best practice design standards with the support of senior designers.
- Leverage insight and data, such as market analysis, customer feedback, user research and analytics to ensure that products/services/solutions are designed around the customer and deliver improved experience.
- Design mock-ups and prototypes as necessary for each stage of the project, continuously iterating to achieve the optimal solution.
- Align the design to the design standards and brand guidelines to ensure consistent experience across the Absa ecosystem
- Continuously develop your own expertise by, for example, actively seeking and incorporating feedback, and following external trends and best practices.
- Contribute to the knowledge building of the entire team by actively sharing insights and success stories.
- Continuously research and share insights into world standards and best practices.
Education and experience required
- NQF 5 qualification in a Design discipline such as product, industrial, service, interaction, graphic, multimedia, communication, digital or visual design or equivalent qualification such as Marketing management, commerce, Psychology, engineering, sociology and anthropology, copywriting, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of technical design experience or customer focused experience at scale
- Track record of delivering, high quality design projects, with strong customer impact.
- Experience conducting audience and usability research including benchmarking, heuristic reviews, surveys, analytics, stakeholder interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry, and usability testing
- Ability to communicate ideas through drawing, digital tools, prototyping, model making, journeys etc.
Knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of either Product or Service design.
- Understanding and proven ability in user experience design, user interface design, service design, customer research prototype engineering or content strategy.
- Problem-solving skills – ability to work tirelessly and think creatively in order to find solutions to problems that result in a great customer experience.
Literacy of design tools specific to discipline.
- Understanding of the importance of data and insight in defining solutions and ability to use data in decision-making
- Awareness of new and emerging design trends and patterns in specific design discipline.
- Ability to provide creative and innovative ideas and concepts to push the thinking on customer experience
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Strong attention to detail
- Great communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upholding standards by maintaining principles and values
- Continuous learning and researching to develop core expertise
Ability to work within a team