REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
THE POSITION: Responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily activities of the installation team(s) to build racking systems, install PV modules while meeting production schedule timelines. Manage and supervise staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and successful execution of each installation project. The position requires a hands-on approach and must be committed to exceptional workmanship, attention to detail and dependable after sales service.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Some experience/knowledge in a specific construction trade
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Good knowledge of PV solar industry or willingness to learn
· Focus on customer service
· Good initiative and attention to detail
· Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for team and customer safety
· Capable of supervising a project of five or more workers
· Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
· Ability to compute basics numbers, read scales and use simple fractions
· Computer experience in Microsoft Office and Email Communication
· Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines
· Comfortable working at heights
Skills and Qualification
· Grade 12 Certificate (Requirement)
· Working at Heights Certificate (Beneficial)
· Medical (Beneficial)
· Driver’s License (Requirement)
1. Interpret specifications and read Helioscope designs.
2. Assist in lay out of work for crew / installation team.
3. Pre-plan daily activities and ensure crew productivity to meet job schedule.
4. Monitor quality control of work in place by installation team.
5. Order and coordinate delivery of necessary materials.
6. Comply with all documentation requirements and fill out all project related reports.
7. Coordinate equipment needs, ensure operators are qualified and ensure that all equipment is maintained, and repairs are done in a timely manner.
8. Support paneling foreman to coordinate activities of individual projects.
9. Perform related trade electrical work, including electrical wiring, mounting of inverters and panels, testing, installation of main switches.
10. Remain up-to-date with requirements and best practice relating to solar PV design and installations and implement changes when necessary to ensure installations meet standards.
1. Monitor installations for quality issues and address as they arise.
2. Monitor work areas to ensure quality work is being completed.
3. Look for ways to improve safety, quality and productivity.
1. Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures.
2. Train and instruct team members in safe work practices for assigned tasks.
3. Audit safe work practices, ensuring PPE is available and used properly.
4. Adhere to all OHS&W requirements.
1. Assist Employer / Human Resources and branch manager by interviewing, hiring, training, appraising work performance and addressing complaints of employees in the field.
2. Directly supervise and coordinate daily activities of installation team members.
3. Complete daily attendance registers.
4. Conduct regular performance reviews of installation team members.
5. Conduct regular performance reviews.
6. Train and mentor new workers.
The responsibilities detailed above must also be adhered to in conjunction with the policy and procedures detailed in the Company operations manual, as well as all applicable rules, procedures and requirements in the contract of employment.
Only applicants that complete the Indeed attention to detail assessment will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
High School (matric) (Required)
Afrikaans and English Fluently (Required)
Driver Licence (Required)